If you want to increase your online sales, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing is something you absolutely cannot afford to ignore. PPC advertising is paid marketing via search engines: whenever you search Google and see relevant bold links at the top of the page, or see banner ads and other images on relevant websites, this is PPC marketing at work.
PPC allows you to target customers accurately, and track customer behaviour precisely, vastly improving the effectiveness of paid campaigns compared to traditional advertising methods.
To get the most out of your PPC marketing, here are a few marketing insider tips that will help supercharge your campaign, and make sure you get the best return on your investment:
- Separate your campaigns between regional and global. Have one campaign advertising in your city, and another for everywhere else. This allows you to allocate your budget depending on whether you intend to attract a local audience or a more wide-spread crowd.
- Build up your negative keyword lists. Many advertisers focus too much on building up positive keywords, and ignore the importance of adding negative keywords to exclude irrelevant searches.
- Create and test different variations of your advertisement. Make Adwords cycle through each variation and scrap the unsuccessful ones. Remember, even small alterations like synonyms and punctuation can have a significant impact on conversion rates.
- Track your conversions. By building up solid data on exactly what percentage of people who click your ad go on to to buy your product, you can calculate your ideal keyword bids.
- Constantly tweak and revise your ads. Google AdWords is a totally customizable tool. The lengths to which you can fine-tune your ads are almost endless, and every improvement translates directly to increased profitability!
Like any complex marketing strategy, PPC can be a little overwhelming at first. Luckily, we’re here to help.
Our marketing team runs basic PPC campaigns for all monthly paying clients; the service is a part of our ticketing and featured advertising packages. Need additional PPC support? Don’t hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager to learn about customizable campaign management. We’re here to optimize your events in the best ways possible.
Have you utilized PPC in your event marketing strategy? If so, what are your insider tips to make a campaign successful?